Wednesday 7 March 2012

'Tis late, but rather than shuffle off to bed with nothing recorded, I'll put a few words down.

My back was put out a little on Monday.  I suspect I twisted the wrong way while tackling the fallen tree at the front of the house.  I woke up today with a distinct twinge.  A stretch after breakfast helped enormously.  Click, click, click.

We have had fruit days  for the last couple of days.

Today, we sowed lots of Broad Beans: Red Epicure, Crimson Flowered, Bowland's Beauty, Bristow Red & Jonah's

We sow into Rootrainers, as we've found they're just the right thing.


Red Epicure & Violetta Broad Beans


Approximately 440 Broad Beans sown

Earlier in the day our local fruit expert came round and pruned our apple trees.  There was a bit of canker on James Grieve, so it was cut back severely.  Most others weren't faring so badly, so it was enough to open them up.  He gives them shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment