Sunday 4 March 2012

I was woken by the cats at 6.30 this morning.  They wanted to come indoors because it was cold and they were hungry.  I let them in, fed them and went back to bed until 8.00.

I got up and had the first part of breakfast.  What a beautiful morning!  Sunny, frosty, crisp.

After the promised pancakes and coffee, we went out to the tunnels to do flower things.  Well, Tricia did flower things while I removed one of the tunnel doors, straightened it up, reversed it and reinstated it.

Down in the big tunnel, I was glad to see the garlic we'd brought back from Santiago de Compostela in September had begun to show above the soil.  That's two weeks since I planted it.

After lunch, did a bit of pruning.  Our road-side roses, old fashioned, pink and highly scented, but short-lived blooms, needed a short back and sides.  I arched the long ones over to promote more blossom.  Who wants vertical roses anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment